Topics in Agricultural ScienceAsexual Propagation in Plants, Types and Examples Differences between Gymnosperms and Angiosperms Scheme of Work, Agricultural Science, SS1, First Term Scheme of Work, Agricultural Science, SS1, Second Term Scheme of Work, Agricultural Science, SS1, Third Term Len Academy Agric Science exam questions, JSS1, First Term Len Academy Agric Science exam questions, JSS1, First Term, part 2 Agriculture Terms - Definitions and Meanings of Agricutural Terms (P - Q) Agricultural Terms: Definition and Meanings of Agricultural Terms (P and Q), part 2 Len Academy questions for Agric Science JSS1, 2nd Term Len Academy questions for Agric Science JSS1, 2nd Term, Part 2 Roles of Government in Agriculture Agricultural pest, Crops attacked, their economic importance and control Agriculture Terms - Definitions and Meanings of Agricutural Terms (I - O) Agricultural Land: Uses of Land Anatomical and Structural Differences between Gymnosperms and Angiosperms Plant Propagation: Sexual Propagation in Plants Pests of Agricultural importance and Crops Attacked Differences between a Plant and a Crop Problems of Agriculture in Nigeria
Academic Questions in Agricultural Science
A female chicken less than one year old is referred to as a _____.
Small plants that grow via vegetative propagation from the parent plants are called _____.
The female part of the flower comprising the stigma, style and ovary is the _____.
Which of the following food is best preserved through pasteurization?
The total number of parasites that are present in a host organism is termed _____.
All plants are crops.
TRUE or FALSE
31. A castrated pig is called a/an _____.
32. Soil water can be lost through the following ways EXCEPT _____.
33. The movement of seedlings from nursery to a permanent field of growth is called _____.
34. Clay soil becomes easily water logged during rainy season because it _____.
35. Which of the following is NOT an agro based industry?
36. Broilers are poultry birds kept mainly for _____.
37. Gizzard is present in which of the following farm animals?
38. Which of the following is NOT a source of food from farm animals?
39. Grasses are seen mainly on the _____ zone?
40. The fertilizer N.P.K stands for _____.
41. The stem is an organ of vegetative propagation in _____.
42. _____ class of food are rich in starch.
43. _____ are housing types used in poultry production.
44. What primary nutrient do ammonium tetraoxosulphate add to the soil when applied?
45. Cocoa, kola, oil palm and rubber are best grown in _____.
46. The followings are protective tissues in farm animals EXCEPT _____.
47. Sexual propagation involves the use of _____.
48. The time difference between fertilization and parturition is known as _____.
49. Which of these groups of implements is used in small scale by farmers?
50. Disease causing organisms are referred to as _____.
51. _____ meal is added to layer’s feed to enhance the production of eggs with strong shells.
52. Which of the following is NOT a cash crop?
53. Tannins used for coloring leather are obtained from the _____ of a plant.
54. Cambium tissues is absent in _____ plants.
55. _____ bud is seen at the axis of a plants’ leaf?
56. Birds incubate their eggs to _____.
57. Which of the following fish is cartilaginous?
58. The _____ region of Nigeria will produce more fishes.
59. _____ involves the combination of crop farming and forest management.
60. The _____ is reared for their meat.
Please read on various topics under the following subjects:
THANKS FOR READING - Please Help Share!
Alfred Ajibola is a Medical Biochemist, a passionate Academician with over 7 years of experience, a Versatile Writer, a Web Developer, a Cisco Certified Network Associate and a Cisco CyberOps Associate.
Amazing facts in Agricultural Science
Although plants neither see nor hear, they can recognize their siblings and even give them preferential treatments 🤔
Squirrels do plant more 🌲 trees 🌲 (through their actions) than an average human in their lifetime. They often hide their acorns and nuts underground and forget about them 😁
🐄 Cows 🐄 have got the ability to walk up stairs, but not down stairs
A group of cows 🐄 🐄 🐄 is called a team, drove or herd.
People just prefer to call them herd
NOTABLE POINTS IN Agricultural Science
There are about 630 different kinds of carnivorous plants.
Carnivorous plants are plants that derive some or most of their nutrients by consuming small animals, especially insects.
Carnivorous plants are also referred to as insectivorous plants.
Some example of carnivorous plants include sundew and Venus flytrap.