Topics in Agricultural SciencePrevention and Control of Crop Pests Economic Importance of Crop Pests Classification of Insect Pests and their Economic Importance Agricultural Machines and their Uses Soil Erosion: Causes of Soil Erosion Ways to prevent Soil Erosion Asexual Propagation in Plants, Types and Examples Differences between Gymnosperms and Angiosperms Scheme of Work, Agricultural Science, SS1, First Term Scheme of Work, Agricultural Science, SS1, Second Term Scheme of Work, Agricultural Science, SS1, Third Term Len Academy Agric Science exam questions, JSS1, First Term Len Academy Agric Science exam questions, JSS1, First Term, part 2 Agriculture Terms - Definitions and Meanings of Agricutural Terms (P - Q) Agricultural Terms: Definition and Meanings of Agricultural Terms (P and Q), part 2 Len Academy questions for Agric Science JSS1, 2nd Term Len Academy questions for Agric Science JSS1, 2nd Term, Part 2 Roles of Government in Agriculture Agricultural pest and Crops attacked Agriculture Terms - Definitions and Meanings of Agricutural Terms (I - O)
Academic Questions in Agricultural Science
Which of the following is not a function of the Wholesaler?
A. Storage function
B. Distributive function
C. Relates with final consumer
D. Specialization function
E. Carries out the packaging and branding of products
F. Financing Function
Chemicals generally used to kill pest are called _____.
F. All of the above
The following are physical methods of controlling crop pest except _____.
A. Placing hen in farmlands to eat insects
B. Setting up traps to catch rats and rodents
C. Fencing the farmland
D. Erecting gates on the farmland
E. Use of guns to kill monkeys
F. Hand picking
A female chicken less than one year old is referred to as a _____.
Small plants that grow via vegetative propagation from the parent plants are called _____.
The female part of the flower comprising the stigma, style and ovary is the _____.
Which of the following food is best preserved through pasteurization?
The total number of parasites that are present in a host organism is termed _____.
LEN ACADEMY SMART SCHOOL SOFTWARE
Click here to read more on its smart academic features. Please kindly recommend to your school
Please click here to kindly support education
31. A castrated pig is called a/an _____.
32. Soil water can be lost through the following ways EXCEPT _____.
33. The movement of seedlings from nursery to a permanent field of growth is called _____.
34. Clay soil becomes easily water logged during rainy season because it _____.
35. Which of the following is NOT an agro based industry?
36. Broilers are poultry birds kept mainly for _____.
37. Gizzard is present in which of the following farm animals?
38. Which of the following is NOT a source of food from farm animals?
39. Grasses are seen mainly on the _____ zone?
40. The fertilizer N.P.K stands for _____.
41. The stem is an organ of vegetative propagation in _____.
42. _____ class of food are rich in starch.
43. _____ are housing types used in poultry production.
44. What primary nutrient do ammonium tetraoxosulphate add to the soil when applied?
45. Cocoa, kola, oil palm and rubber are best grown in _____.
46. The followings are protective tissues in farm animals EXCEPT _____.
47. Sexual propagation involves the use of _____.
48. The time difference between fertilization and parturition is known as _____.
49. Which of these groups of implements is used in small scale by farmers?
50. Disease causing organisms are referred to as _____.
51. _____ meal is added to layer’s feed to enhance the production of eggs with strong shells.
52. Which of the following is NOT a cash crop?
53. Tannins used for coloring leather are obtained from the _____ of a plant.
54. Cambium tissues is absent in _____ plants.
55. _____ bud is seen at the axis of a plants’ leaf?
56. Birds incubate their eggs to _____.
57. Which of the following fish is cartilaginous?
58. The _____ region of Nigeria will produce more fishes.
59. _____ involves the combination of crop farming and forest management.
60. The _____ is reared for their meat.
Please read on various topics under the following subjects:
If You are a Student, Teacher or Lover of Education, please click here to follow LEN ACADEMY on Google News
Alfred Ajibola is a Medical Biochemist, a passionate Academician with over 7 years of experience, a Versatile Writer, a Web Developer, a Cisco Certified Network Associate and a Cisco CyberOps Associate.
CONTRIBUTE TO THIS TOPIC | ASK A QUESTION
Amazing facts in Agricultural Science
Although plants neither see nor hear, they can recognize their siblings and even give them preferential treatments 🤔
Squirrels do plant more 🌲 trees 🌲 (through their actions) than an average human in their lifetime. They often hide their acorns and nuts underground and forget about them 😁
🐄 Cows 🐄 have got the ability to walk up stairs, but not down stairs
A group of cows 🐄 🐄 🐄 is called a team, drove or herd.
People just prefer to call them herd
NOTABLE POINTS IN Agricultural Science
There are about 630 different kinds of carnivorous plants.
Carnivorous plants are plants that derive some or most of their nutrients by consuming small animals, especially insects.
Carnivorous plants are also referred to as insectivorous plants.
Some example of carnivorous plants include sundew and Venus flytrap.