Topics in Agricultural SciencePrevention and Control of Crop Pests Economic Importance of Crop Pests Classification of Insect Pests and their Economic Importance Agricultural Machines and their Uses Soil Erosion: Causes of Soil Erosion Ways to prevent Soil Erosion Asexual Propagation in Plants, Types and Examples Differences between Gymnosperms and Angiosperms Scheme of Work, Agricultural Science, SS1, First Term Scheme of Work, Agricultural Science, SS1, Second Term Scheme of Work, Agricultural Science, SS1, Third Term Len Academy Agric Science exam questions, JSS1, First Term Len Academy Agric Science exam questions, JSS1, First Term, part 2 Agriculture Terms - Definitions and Meanings of Agricutural Terms (P - Q) Agricultural Terms: Definition and Meanings of Agricultural Terms (P and Q), part 2 Len Academy questions for Agric Science JSS1, 2nd Term Len Academy questions for Agric Science JSS1, 2nd Term, Part 2 Roles of Government in Agriculture Agricultural pest and Crops attacked Agriculture Terms - Definitions and Meanings of Agricutural Terms (I - O)
Academic Questions in Agricultural Science
Which of the following is not a function of the Wholesaler?
A. Storage function
B. Distributive function
C. Relates with final consumer
D. Specialization function
E. Carries out the packaging and branding of products
F. Financing Function
Chemicals generally used to kill pest are called _____.
F. All of the above
The following are physical methods of controlling crop pest except _____.
A. Placing hen in farmlands to eat insects
B. Setting up traps to catch rats and rodents
C. Fencing the farmland
D. Erecting gates on the farmland
E. Use of guns to kill monkeys
F. Hand picking
A female chicken less than one year old is referred to as a _____.
Small plants that grow via vegetative propagation from the parent plants are called _____.
The female part of the flower comprising the stigma, style and ovary is the _____.
Which of the following food is best preserved through pasteurization?
The total number of parasites that are present in a host organism is termed _____.
LEN ACADEMY SMART SCHOOL SOFTWARE
Click here to read more on its smart academic features. Please kindly recommend to your school
Please click here to kindly support education
1. The branch of agriculture that is concerned with sending new ideas to farmers and also sending problem to research stations is called ______.
2. The process through which water is lost from the plant’s leaf is termed _____.
3. Pollination in plants can be described as a process of _____.
4. A weaned calf should be fed on large quantities of _____.
5. The following farm animals are monogastric EXCEPT _____.
6. Pest are economically important because they _____.
7. Which of the following crop is a rhizome?
8. Which of the following crops is used for fibre production?
9. Which of the following is NOT a vegetable?
10. Which of the following ecological zones is best suited for pastoral farming?
11. Which of the following animals can be classified as a vertebrate?
12. Guinea grass can be classified as a _____ crop.
13. A female flower is called _____.
14. Which of the following plant parts is vegetative?
15. Concentrates are animal feeds which are _____.
16. The foetus in a cow develops in the _____.
17. The act of giving birth is a pig is called _____.
18. The newly hatched offspring of a catfish is best described to as _____.
19. A female animal is said to be on heat when it _____.
20. Magana is a disease associated with _____.
21. Rabbits are best reared in _____.
22. Iroko is mainly used for _____.
23. Which of the following is a monocot?
24. Most woody plants are _____ crops.
25. Which of the following crops will add nitrogen to the soil?
26. Sun dried grasses used for feeding ruminants are called _____.
27. Fermented grasses and legumes for feeding animals are called _____.
28. The feeding habit of a pig can be classified as _____.
29. Which of the following is NOT a production structure for farm animals?
30. The true stomach of a ruminant is the _____.
You may also read on various topics under the following subjects:
If You are a Student, Teacher or Lover of Education, please click here to follow LEN ACADEMY on Google News
Alfred Ajibola is a Medical Biochemist, a passionate Academician with over 7 years of experience, a Versatile Writer, a Web Developer, a Cisco Certified Network Associate and a Cisco CyberOps Associate.
CONTRIBUTE TO THIS TOPIC | ASK A QUESTION
Amazing facts in Agricultural Science
Although plants neither see nor hear, they can recognize their siblings and even give them preferential treatments 🤔
Squirrels do plant more 🌲 trees 🌲 (through their actions) than an average human in their lifetime. They often hide their acorns and nuts underground and forget about them 😁
🐄 Cows 🐄 have got the ability to walk up stairs, but not down stairs
A group of cows 🐄 🐄 🐄 is called a team, drove or herd.
People just prefer to call them herd
NOTABLE POINTS IN Agricultural Science
There are about 630 different kinds of carnivorous plants.
Carnivorous plants are plants that derive some or most of their nutrients by consuming small animals, especially insects.
Carnivorous plants are also referred to as insectivorous plants.
Some example of carnivorous plants include sundew and Venus flytrap.