Topics in Basic SciencePrimates - Characteristics of Primates Effects of Improper Waste Management Waste Management: Causes of Waste Concept of Mass and Weight Sources, Functions and Deficiencies of Mineral Salts (Macro-nutrients) Sources, Functions and Deficiencies of Mineral Salts (Micro-nutrients) Len Academy questions for Basic Science JSS1, second Term Len Academy mid-term test questions for Basic Science JSS1, 2nd Term Micro organisms causing food, water and air borne Diseases Vectors - Examples of Vectors, Vector borne Organisms and the Diseases they cause Bones of the Human Skeleton Meaning of Drugs, Type of Drugs and Side effects of Drugs Immunization, Processes involved in immunization and its importance Food: Carbohydrates and Sugars Uniqueness of Man: Unique Characteristics of Man Waste Management: Types of Waste Matter: Concept of Matter Benefits and Importance of African Star Apple (Agbalumo or Udara)
Academic Questions in Basic Science
The ultimate source of energy is _____.
The speed of wind is measured with a wind vane.
TRUE or FALSE
The nutrient majorly found in the liver is _____.
A body at rest possess _____ energy.
1. Which of the following is a particulate nature of matter?
2. The immediate process that leads to the precipitation of rain from the cloud is termed _____.
3. Which of the following is NOT a physical change?
4. The aspect of science that deals with the study of matter and the changes they undergo is _____.
5. Plasma changes to gas via the process of _____.
6. Which of the following organism is NOT a protist?
7. Kingdom _____ contains autotrophic organisms.
8. The _____ traps radiant energy from the sun.
9. The reproductive organ in plants is the _____.
10. The followings are gamete EXCEPT _____.
11. Cell wall found in plants is composed of _____.
12. The _____ is the power house of the cell.
13. The by-product of photosynthesis is _____.
14. Which of the following is not a resource from plant?
15. The locomotory organelle found in paramecium is the _____.
16. Locomotion will not include _____.
17. The energy currency in the body is _____.
18. An organism that respirate anaerobically is the _____.
19. The respiratory organ in a cockroach is the _____.
20. The removal of solid undigested materials from the anus is termed _____.
21. Buccal respiration involves the use of the _____.
22. The organism that suffers in a parasitic association is termed the _____.
23. Lenticels in plants are found in the _____.
24. An animal without canines is the _____.
25. An asexual reproduction seen in hydra is the _____.
26. Animals that give birth to their young ones alive are said to be _____.
27. Urea is synthesized mainly in the _____.
28. The excretory organelle in an amoeba is the _____.
29. Cell _____ is the basis of growth in living organism.
30. Which of the followings is NOT a basic characteristic of living organisms?
THANKS FOR READING - Please Help Share!
Alfred Ajibola is a Medical Biochemist, a passionate Academician with over 7 years of experience, a Versatile Writer, a Web Developer, a Cisco Certified Network Associate and a Cisco CyberOps Associate.
Amazing facts in Basic Science
Rasceta is the name given to the lines on your ✋ palm ✋
Goats have rectangular pupils in their eyes.
Think of the pupil as a hole located in the centre of the iris of the eye.
Note: To get an idea of an iris; when one is said to have blue eyes, it's because the iris is blue
Among all land animals, 🐘 Elephants 🐘 have the longest gestation period.
They stay pregnant for 22 months before giving birth to their young
🦘 Kangaroos 🦘 can't walk backwards
The 🥛 milk 🥛 of an 🦛 hippopotamus 🦛 is pink in color
The seed of all fruits are present on the inside with the exception of one.
That exception is 🍓 strawberry 🍓
🍓 strawberry 🍓 has it's seed outside the fruit
It actually takes 🍍 pineapples 🍍 2 years to grow
The liquid inside a coconut 🥥 can be used as an excellent substitute for your blood plasma
Elephants can't jump
NOTABLE POINTS IN Basic Science
The eyebrow is an area of dense, delicate hair just above the eye.
Eyebrows perform two main functions:
Eyebrow modified in the form of Nike.
Image Credit: Unilad
Note: Eyebrows can also be modified to enhance beauty; especially female beauty.
All fruits have seeds. There is nothing like a naturally occurring seedless fruit. Even banana, coconut and pineapple have all got seeds.
Weight can be defined as the force of gravity acting on an object. If you traveled to space, you would be weightless because there isn't any force of gravity acting there. We all have weight on earth becasue the force of gravity acts here. Weight is measured in Newton
Massis the amount or quantity of matter/material contained in a body, For instance, everything you are composed of, both from within and outside will make up your mass. Mass is constant throughout the universe. You will have the same mass on earth and moon. Mass is measured in gram or kilogram. Mass is quite different from weight.
Matter is anything that has mass and occupy space. Matter can exist in four states namely: