Topics in Basic TechnologyDefinitions of technology and their explanations Examples of technology Forms of technology explained with their differences Types of chain drive Types of belt drive Types of Ceramics Advantages and Disadvantages of Chain Drives Len Academy Questions for Basic Technology JSS3, 2nd Term Len Academy Basic Technology Questions, JSS3 Belt and Pulley Drives: Types of belt in belt drives Refrigerator as an electromechanical device, its parts and operations What is chain drive? Classification of chain drive What are Belt Drives? Advantages and Disadvantages of Belt Drives Type of Lines in Technical Drawings Len Academy questions for Basic Technology, JSS2, 2nd Term Len Academy questions for Basic Technology JSS2, 2nd Term, Part 2 What is Maintenance? Types of Maintenance Hardwood and Softwood - Characteristics and Examples What are Ceramics? Characteristics of Ceramics
Academic Questions in Basic Technology
The _____ functions to remove excess heat from the refrigerator.
D. Expansion Valve
F. Defrost System
A fluid or gas that runs through the compartments of a refrigerator is termed _____.
A. Water vapor
B. Liquid vapor
E. Compressed water
F. Evaporated water
Current flows through a path called _____.
B. Electric Route
E. High Tension
F. Electric Circuit
Googles are safety wears.
Which of the following is false concerning advanced ceramics?
A. They can be made from metallic oxides
B. They are very hard and durable
C. They are corrosion resistant
D. They are fired in the presence of oxygen
E. They are fired at a very high temperature of about 1700oC
F. They can be made from non-oxides such as carbides and borides
A thin continuous line is used for representing the followings except _____.
B. Hatching lines
C. Long breaks
D. Diagonal line used to state plane surfaces
E. Leader lines
F. Back section lines
With regards to chain drives, the diagram above is a/an _____ chain.
A type of chain drive commonly used in bicycles is the _____ chain.
1. A bench vice functions as a _____ tool.
2. Safety wears will NOT include _____.
3. A tool used for drawing circles and arcs on a sheet of metal is the _____.
4. Technology through _____ has made the world a global village.
5. Driving tools will NOT include _____.
6. _____ steel is used in the production of Hack saw blades.
7. A power saw moves in _____ motion.
8. Which of the following is NOT a part of a circle?
9. The line passing through the center and touches the circumference of a circle is known as _____.
10. A polygon with 10 sides is called _____.
11. A French tool is used to draw _____ lines.
12. A scalene triangle has _____.
13. An angle greater the 90o but less than 180o is called _____ angle.
14. A thick continuous line is used for _____.
15. A drawing with a scale 1:2 is said to be _____.
16. An information NOT obtained in the title block of a drawing is the _____.
17. The right tool for smoothening sheet metal is the _____.
18. _____ saw is used for cutting curves in wood.
19. A permanent joint can be made via _____.
20. Metal finishing does NOT include _____.
21. An example of a multipurpose saw is the _____ saw.
22. A jack as a simple machine is a/an _____ multiplier.
23. A body at rest possess _____ energy.
24. Which of the following is NOT required in transmission and distribution of power at low frequency?
25. The following devices will convert electrical energy to mechanical energy EXCEPT _____.
26. _____ is the rate at which work is done.
27. Which of the following is a gaseous fuel?
28. The chemical energy in fuel is converted to heat energy through a process called _____.
29. The most widely used AC supply system in Nigerian houses is the _____.
30. Which of the following functions to lower or raise the voltage in a circuit?
Kindly share this article via the links below:
Click here to read on Len Academy Smart School Software. Contact us for a standard website at an affordable price
Please click here to follow Len Academy on Google News.
Amazing facts in Basic Technology
Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated
Lighter was invented before matches
Johann Wolfgang Dobereiner was credited with the invention of lighter in 1826 while the match was made 3 years later
Volkswagen group of companies own some of the top cars of the world. These are Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Ducati, Lamborghini and Porsche
Notable points in Basic Technology
Arrowhead lines are lines with pointed edges at one or both ends. The pointed edges are in the form of an arrow.
Arrowhead lines are used:
At the end of dimensional lines.
As measurement lines.
A thin continuous line could be a straight or curved line. However, the main point to remember is this: 'it is a tiny line with no dot or dashes within it'.
A thin continuous line is used for representing the followings:
Short center lines
Diagonal lines used to state plane surfaces
Backside section lines
Any action that involves the servicing, checking, replacing and repairing of an equipment, object or device is termed maintenance.
Maintenance has two main goals. These are:
To prevent a breakdown
To repair the breakdown
Below are the types of maintenance:
Softwoods are often derived from coniferous trees, that is: trees with needle-like leaves, and whose seeds are covered in cones.
Below are some characteristics of softwood:
Most softwood have lower densities than hardwood (weighs lower).
In terms of price, they are often less expensive than hardwood.
Their growth rate is faster than hardwood.
Most softwood do not shed their needle-like leaves during the year. However, the softwood 'larch' and 'cypress' are exceptions.
They are less fire resistant.
The diagram below shows the various types of line in technical drawing, their description and general application: