Topics in Basic ScienceLen Academy Examination Questions for Basic Science, JSS3, 3rd Term Len Academy Examination Questions for Basic Science, JSS3, 2nd Term Primates - Characteristics of Primates Effects of Improper Waste Management Waste Management: Causes of Waste Concept of Mass and Weight Sources, Functions and Deficiencies of Mineral Salts (Macro-nutrients) Sources, Functions and Deficiencies of Mineral Salts (Micro-nutrients) Len Academy questions for Basic Science JSS1, second Term Len Academy mid-term test questions for Basic Science JSS1, 2nd Term Micro organisms causing food, water and air borne Diseases Vectors - Examples of Vectors, Vector borne Organisms and the Diseases they cause Bones of the Human Skeleton Meaning of Drugs, Type of Drugs and Side effects of Drugs Immunization, Processes involved in immunization and its importance Food: Carbohydrates and Sugars Uniqueness of Man: Unique Characteristics of Man Waste Management: Types of Waste Matter: Concept of Matter Benefits and Importance of African Star Apple (Agbalumo or Udara)
Academic Questions in Basic Science
Which of the following is NOT a matter?
F. None of the above
The ultimate source of energy is _____.
The speed of wind is measured with a wind vane.
TRUE or FALSE
The nutrient majorly found in the liver is _____.
A body at rest possess _____ energy.
LEN ACADEMY SMART SCHOOL SOFTWARE
Click here to watch the video
For a free trial, click here. Recommend to a school and get 25% commission for 6 academic terms
1. _____ is a branch of a science that deals with the study of life.
2. Objectives of drug usage includes the following EXCEPT _____.
3. An element with a valency of +4 is _____.
4. _____ is formed when an acid is dissolved in water.
5. Which of the following elements is NOT a noble gas?
6. A damp _____ litmus paper turns _____ in NaOH.
7. The S.I unit for electric current is the _____.
8. The image formed in the pin-hole camera is _____.
9. A chemical change will not include _____.
10. A ball with a mass of 20g rolls from a height of 8m. Calculate its kinetic energy when it has a velocity of 2ms-1.
11. The valency of 'N' in NaNO3 is _____.
12. Myopia can be corrected with glasses that have _____ lenses.
13. The vector of river blindness is _____.
14. _____ atoms are present in H2SO4.
15. The spontaneous emission of particles or rays as seen in the nucleus of certain atoms is termed _____.
16. Components of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) will NOT include _____.
17. Certain plants are able to survive in water because _____.
18. A hormone that increases the body's metabolic function is _____.
19. Rods and Cones of the eyes are concentrated in the _____.
20. The final bending adjustment of light into the retina is done by the _____.
21. A bone found in the middle ear is the _____.
22. The function of chlorine in the water purification process is to _____.
23. The vitamin obtained from the sun functions to _____.
24. Desertification is likely to occur in which Nigerian State?
25. The ozone layer of the atmosphere is composed of _____.
26. The following activities of man will cause flooding EXCEPT
27. The energy currency in the body is _____.
28. _____ is a contagious disease.
29. A petrochemical will NOT include _____.
30. The pH value representing the most acidic solution is _____.
THANKS FOR READING - Please Help Share!
Alfred Ajibola is a Medical Biochemist, a passionate Academician with over 7 years of experience, a Versatile Writer, a Web Developer, a Cisco Certified Network Associate and a Cisco CyberOps Associate.
CONTRIBUTE TO THIS TOPIC | ASK A QUESTION
Amazing facts in Basic Science
Rasceta is the name given to the lines on your ✋ palm ✋
Goats have rectangular pupils in their eyes.
Think of the pupil as a hole located in the centre of the iris of the eye.
Note: To get an idea of an iris; when one is said to have blue eyes, it's because the iris is blue
Among all land animals, 🐘 Elephants 🐘 have the longest gestation period.
They stay pregnant for 22 months before giving birth to their young
🦘 Kangaroos 🦘 can't walk backwards
The 🥛 milk 🥛 of an 🦛 hippopotamus 🦛 is pink in color
The seed of all fruits are present on the inside with the exception of one.
That exception is 🍓 strawberry 🍓
🍓 strawberry 🍓 has it's seed outside the fruit
It actually takes 🍍 pineapples 🍍 2 years to grow
The liquid inside a coconut 🥥 can be used as an excellent substitute for your blood plasma
Elephants can't jump
NOTABLE POINTS IN Basic Science
The eyebrow is an area of dense, delicate hair just above the eye.
Eyebrows perform two main functions:
Eyebrow modified in the form of Nike.
Image Credit: Unilad
Note: Eyebrows can also be modified to enhance beauty; especially female beauty.
All fruits have seeds. There is nothing like a naturally occurring seedless fruit. Even banana, coconut and pineapple have all got seeds.
Weight can be defined as the force of gravity acting on an object. If you traveled to space, you would be weightless because there isn't any force of gravity acting there. We all have weight on earth becasue the force of gravity acts here. Weight is measured in Newton
Massis the amount or quantity of matter/material contained in a body, For instance, everything you are composed of, both from within and outside will make up your mass. Mass is constant throughout the universe. You will have the same mass on earth and moon. Mass is measured in gram or kilogram. Mass is quite different from weight.
Matter is anything that has mass and occupy space. Matter can exist in four states namely: