Topics in Basic ScienceLen Academy Examination Questions for Basic Science, JSS3, 3rd Term Len Academy Examination Questions for Basic Science, JSS3, 2nd Term Primates - Characteristics of Primates Effects of Improper Waste Management Waste Management: Causes of Waste Concept of Mass and Weight Sources, Functions and Deficiencies of Mineral Salts (Macro-nutrients) Sources, Functions and Deficiencies of Mineral Salts (Micro-nutrients) Len Academy questions for Basic Science JSS1, second Term Len Academy mid-term test questions for Basic Science JSS1, 2nd Term Micro organisms causing food, water and air borne Diseases Vectors - Examples of Vectors, Vector borne Organisms and the Diseases they cause Bones of the Human Skeleton Meaning of Drugs, Type of Drugs and Side effects of Drugs Immunization, Processes involved in immunization and its importance Food: Carbohydrates and Sugars Uniqueness of Man: Unique Characteristics of Man Waste Management: Types of Waste Matter: Concept of Matter Benefits and Importance of African Star Apple (Agbalumo or Udara)
Academic Questions in Basic Science
Which of the following is NOT a matter?
F. None of the above
The ultimate source of energy is _____.
The speed of wind is measured with a wind vane.
TRUE or FALSE
The nutrient majorly found in the liver is _____.
A body at rest possess _____ energy.
LEN ACADEMY SMART SCHOOL SOFTWARE
Click here to watch the video
For a free trial, click here. Recommend to a school and get 25% commission for 6 academic terms
1. Which of the following is NOT part of a tooth?
2. The dwelling place of plants and animals is called _____.
3. Which of the following is NOT a solid particle pollutant?
4. Single circulation is seen in _____.
5. _____ force keeps a satellite moving around the earth.
6. _____ is an example of a renewable energy.
7. Echo is caused by _____.
8. Which of the following is NOT a lever?
9. Characteristics of solid state of matter will NOT include _____.
10. An example of a mineral acid is _____ acid.
11. _____ is NOT a drug.
12. The Standard International Unit for work is _____.
13. Particles that make up matter move faster in _____.
14. _____ is said to occur when vapour pressure equals the atmospheric pressure.
15. _____ is a mixture.
16. Which of the elements is NOT a good conductor of electricity?
17. Weightlessness will be experience by a/an _____.
18. The ratio of work output of a machine to work input is termed _____.
19. The following are signs of puberty in boys EXCEPT _____.
20. Beast of burden are animals that are reared for _____.
21. The functional unit of the Central Nervous System is the _____.
22. _____ is a biodegradable material.
23. An enzyme present in saliva is the _____.
24. The breakdown of food substance to release energy is termed _____.
25. Substances taken medically for physiological set up of the body are called _____.
26. Fertilization in women takes place in the _____.
27. Gaseous exchange occurs in the _____.
28. A spider belongs to the class _____.
29. Which of the following organism is NOT a mammal?
30. An injury that occurs to a muscle is called _____.
THANKS FOR READING - Please Help Share!
Alfred Ajibola is a Medical Biochemist, a passionate Academician with over 7 years of experience, a Versatile Writer, a Web Developer, a Cisco Certified Network Associate and a Cisco CyberOps Associate.
CONTRIBUTE TO THIS TOPIC | ASK A QUESTION
Amazing facts in Basic Science
Rasceta is the name given to the lines on your ✋ palm ✋
Goats have rectangular pupils in their eyes.
Think of the pupil as a hole located in the centre of the iris of the eye.
Note: To get an idea of an iris; when one is said to have blue eyes, it's because the iris is blue
Among all land animals, 🐘 Elephants 🐘 have the longest gestation period.
They stay pregnant for 22 months before giving birth to their young
🦘 Kangaroos 🦘 can't walk backwards
The 🥛 milk 🥛 of an 🦛 hippopotamus 🦛 is pink in color
The seed of all fruits are present on the inside with the exception of one.
That exception is 🍓 strawberry 🍓
🍓 strawberry 🍓 has it's seed outside the fruit
It actually takes 🍍 pineapples 🍍 2 years to grow
The liquid inside a coconut 🥥 can be used as an excellent substitute for your blood plasma
Elephants can't jump
NOTABLE POINTS IN Basic Science
The eyebrow is an area of dense, delicate hair just above the eye.
Eyebrows perform two main functions:
Eyebrow modified in the form of Nike.
Image Credit: Unilad
Note: Eyebrows can also be modified to enhance beauty; especially female beauty.
All fruits have seeds. There is nothing like a naturally occurring seedless fruit. Even banana, coconut and pineapple have all got seeds.
Weight can be defined as the force of gravity acting on an object. If you traveled to space, you would be weightless because there isn't any force of gravity acting there. We all have weight on earth becasue the force of gravity acts here. Weight is measured in Newton
Massis the amount or quantity of matter/material contained in a body, For instance, everything you are composed of, both from within and outside will make up your mass. Mass is constant throughout the universe. You will have the same mass on earth and moon. Mass is measured in gram or kilogram. Mass is quite different from weight.
Matter is anything that has mass and occupy space. Matter can exist in four states namely: