Topics in Basic TechnologyBelt Drives: Types of belt drive Ceramics: Types of Ceramics Advantages and Disadvantages of Chain drives Len Academy Questions for Basic Technology JSS3, 2nd Term, 2020 Len Academy Question for Basic Technology, JSS3, 2nd Term, 2020, Part 2 Belt and Pulley Drives: Types of Belt in Belt Drives Electromechanical Energy: Parts of the Refrigerator and how they operate Chain Drive, Types and Classifications What are Belt Drives? Advantages and Disadvantages of Belt Drives Type of Lines in Technical Drawings Len Academy questions for Basic Technology, JSS2, 2nd Term Len Academy questions for Basic Technology JSS2, 2nd Term, Part 2 Maintenance, Types of Maintenance Hardwood and Softwood - Characteristics and Examples What are Ceramics? Characteristics of Ceramics
Academic Questions in Basic Technology
With regards to chain drives, the diagram above is a/an _____ chain.
A type of chain drive commonly used in bicycles is the _____ chain.
A chain drive consists of an endless chain running over two _____.
Which is the most economical of all power transmitting drive mechanisms?
A. Pulley drive
B. Gear drive
C. Chain drive
D. Belt drive
E. Thread drive
F. Fabricated drive
Which of the following is false concerning drive mechanisms in machines?
A. Pulley drives do not require a means of power transmission
B. Gear drive is a means of power transmission
C. Chain drive is a means of power transmission
D. Belt drive is a means of power transmission
E. The drive mechanisms of machines accomplishes it's function via a rotational motion
F. Drive mechanisms results into a mechanical movements of machines via power transmission
The lines above are used at the end of dimension lines?
Which of the following is not a type of maintenance?
Which of the following is incorrect concerning preventive maintenance?
A. It is considered to be the best form of maintenance
B. Immunization is a form of preventive maintenance
C. Worn out parts may be discovered when preventive maintenance is carried out
D. Preventive maintenance is defined as the repairs carried out on an equipment or object after a correct prediction of an impending fault
E. A person who services his car monthly practices preventive maintenance (even though the car functions properly)
F. The main goal of preventive maintenance is to stop a device from breaking down suddenly
LEN ACADEMY SMART SCHOOL SOFTWARE
Read more on its smart academic features here
1. Which of the following is an under-developed technology?
2. A saw used in metal work is the _______ saw.
3. A device used for intercepting signals from radio stations is called _______.
4. The most widely used AC supply system in Nigerian houses is the _______.
5. The following devices will convert electrical energy to mechanical energy EXCEPT _______.
6. A body at rest possesses _______ energy.
7. _______ is used for setting sheet on a drawing board.
8. The main function of a thermostat in an electric fan is to _______.
9. Chemical combination of copper and zinc will form _______.
10. _______ is used for making small holes in wood before using screws.
11. A type of hammer used to extract nail is the _______.
12. An example of a driving tool is the _______.
13. The tool used for cutting external screw thread is the _______.
14. An electronic device that store electrons is the _______.
15. A maintenance process carried out on damaged engine is known as _______.
16. Soldering bit is made of copper because copper _______.
17. Which of the followings will function in order to lower or raise voltages in a circuit?
18. Chemical energy in fuel is converted to heat energy through a process called _______.
19. An example of multipurpose saw is the _______ saw.
20. The right tool for smoothening sheet metal is the _______.
21. A drawing with scale 1:5 is said to be _______.
22. The line passing through the center and touches the circumference of a circle is known as _______.
23. _______ steel is used to produce various cutting tools.
24. The heating element in an electric kettle is _______.
25. Which of the following tools will NOT take precision measurement?
26. A metal work hand tool used for testing the flatness of surfaces will be a _______ tool.
27. A chisel used for cutting keyways and slots is the _______ chisel.
28. A scraper used for removing high spots on curved surfaces is the _______ scraper.
29. A punch is made from _______ type of steel.
30. A hammer with plastic, wooden and rubber head is the _______.
Need more answers to this topic? Please enter your search below:
Kindly share this article via the links below:
Alfred Ajibola is a Medical Biochemist, a passionate Academician with over 10 years of experience, a Versatile Writer, a Web Developer, a Cisco Certified Network Associate and a Cisco CyberOps Associate.
Please click here to follow Len Academy on Google News.
Please like and follow our official facebook page here for great educational write-ups.
You can follow Len Academy on twitter here.Thank you.
Amazing facts in Basic Technology
Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated
Lighter was invented before matches
Johann Wolfgang Dobereiner was credited with the invention of lighter in 1826 while the match was made 3 years later
Volkswagen group of companies own some of the top cars of the world. These are Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Ducati, Lamborghini and Porsche
NOTABLE POINTS IN Basic Technology
The diagram below shows the various types of line in technical drawing, their description and general application:
Preventive maintenance is carried out routinely on a device even though no apparent fault may be present on such device.
The goal of preventive maintenance as the name suggest is to prevent a sudden breakdown on a device or equipment.
As an instance, a person who services his or her car monthly even though the car is still able to function correctly is said to be carrying out preventive maintenance on the car.
In the course of a preventive maintenance, worn out parts may be discovered and replaced as soon as possible. Also, there may be a change of oil while other little adjustments may also be carried out.
We can even carry out preventive maintenance on our body to prevent certain diseases. For this reason, some persons have discovered cancerous cells in their body through regular medical checkup; and were able to kill such cells before they become malignant.
As a matter of fact; immunization is a form of preventive maintenance.
Hardwoods are derived from angiosperms. They show the following characteristics:
They usually have a higher density than softwood. Balsa is an exception.
They are usually more expensive than softwood.
They grow at a slower rate than softwood.
Hardwood trees shed their leaves in certain times of the year.
Hardwood are more fire resistant than softwood.
The leaves of hardwood trees are evergreen.
They are used for making quality furniture (in terms of strength). They are also suitable for decking in buildings.
Hardwood trees always have divided trunks which are sometimes referred to as a dendritic form.
In terms of price, hardwood are usually more expensive than softwood.
Examples of hardwood include iroko, ash, beech, alder, teak, birch, mahogany, maple, oak, balsa and walnut.
Ceramics are refractory. They also require a very high amount of heat and subsquent cooling to be formed.
Being refractory means that they are capable of withstanding a variety of abuses like high temperatures and chemical attacks.
Ceramics are generally made by taking clay from the ground and mixing it with water. It is then shaped into any form and fired inside an oven (called kiln) at a very high temperature. They may then be decorated with a waterproof, paint-like substances called glazes.
Ceramics may have constrasting physical and chemical properties (or characteristics); but in general,
They have high melting points.
They are heat resistant.
They can be very hard with great strength; although a few are brittle or soft; for example, graphite.
They are durable (last for a long time).
Most are electrical insulators (cannot conduct electricity) but; graphite is an electrical conductor.
They are chemically unreactive or inert.
They are not easily oxidized.
Most are non-magnetic.