Topics in Basic TechnologyBelt Drives: Types of belt drive Ceramics: Types of Ceramics Advantages and Disadvantages of Chain drives Len Academy Questions for Basic Technology JSS3, 2nd Term, 2020 Len Academy Question for Basic Technology, JSS3, 2nd Term, 2020, Part 2 Belt and Pulley Drives: Types of Belt in Belt Drives Electromechanical Energy: Parts of the Refrigerator and how they operate Chain Drive, Types and Classifications What are Belt Drives? Advantages and Disadvantages of Belt Drives Type of Lines in Technical Drawings Len Academy questions for Basic Technology, JSS2, 2nd Term Len Academy questions for Basic Technology JSS2, 2nd Term, Part 2 Maintenance, Types of Maintenance Hardwood and Softwood - Characteristics and Examples What are Ceramics? Characteristics of Ceramics
Academic Questions in Basic Technology
With regards to chain drives, the diagram above is a/an _____ chain.
A type of chain drive commonly used in bicycles is the _____ chain.
A chain drive consists of an endless chain running over two _____.
Which is the most economical of all power transmitting drive mechanisms?
A. Pulley drive
B. Gear drive
C. Chain drive
D. Belt drive
E. Thread drive
F. Fabricated drive
Which of the following is false concerning drive mechanisms in machines?
A. Pulley drives do not require a means of power transmission
B. Gear drive is a means of power transmission
C. Chain drive is a means of power transmission
D. Belt drive is a means of power transmission
E. The drive mechanisms of machines accomplishes it's function via a rotational motion
F. Drive mechanisms results into a mechanical movements of machines via power transmission
The lines above are used at the end of dimension lines?
Which of the following is not a type of maintenance?
Which of the following is incorrect concerning preventive maintenance?
A. It is considered to be the best form of maintenance
B. Immunization is a form of preventive maintenance
C. Worn out parts may be discovered when preventive maintenance is carried out
D. Preventive maintenance is defined as the repairs carried out on an equipment or object after a correct prediction of an impending fault
E. A person who services his car monthly practices preventive maintenance (even though the car functions properly)
F. The main goal of preventive maintenance is to stop a device from breaking down suddenly
LEN ACADEMY SMART SCHOOL SOFTWARE
Read more on its smart academic features here
31. The _____ protect electrical equipment from excessive current.
32. A device that converts electrical energy into heat energy will NOT include an electric _____.
33. A semi-conductor device is the _____.
34. The _____ stores electric charges.
35. Current flows through a path called _____.
36. A drawing which shows the plan, front and end elevation is _____.
37. The most popular floor finish used in a workshop is the _____.
38. The purpose of wood finishes is to _____.
39. The main function of foundation in a building is to _____.
40. If the scale chosen for a technical drawing assignment is 10mm to 2m; the scale 25m will be represented by _____.
41. Soldering bit is made of copper because copper _____.
42. The following devices uses the principles of rotary and linear motions EXCEPT _____.
43. Wood preservative is added to planks so as to prevent _____.
44. A maintenance process carried out to prevent a machine from getting damaged is known as _____.
45. An electronic device that stores electrons is the _____.
46. Which of the Followings CANNOT be used to construct lintels in buildings?
47. The easiest table top to clean and maintain is _____ top.
48. A professional who determines the cost of materials, labour and workmanship that could be charged for a proposed building is known as _____.
49. A roofing material will NOT include _____.
50. The angle of inclination in an Isometric drawing is _____.
51. Which of the following is NOT a woodwork joint?
52. Buffing in metal work means _____.
53. The most effective chemical in making water transparent is _____.
54. Energy possessed by a moving object is said to be _____.
55. The most suitable kind of door for the entrance of a garage is the _____ door.
56. One major function of lintel in a wall is to _____.
57. The use of compressed air to make machines work is termed _____
58. The tool used for cutting external screw thread is the _____.
59. An example of a driving tool is the _____.
60. Which of the following is NOT an example of a nail?
Need more answers to this topic? Please enter your search below:
Kindly share this article via the links below:
Alfred Ajibola is a Medical Biochemist, a passionate Academician with over 10 years of experience, a Versatile Writer, a Web Developer, a Cisco Certified Network Associate and a Cisco CyberOps Associate.
Please click here to follow Len Academy on Google News.
Please like and follow our official facebook page here for great educational write-ups.
You can follow Len Academy on twitter here.Thank you.
Amazing facts in Basic Technology
Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated
Lighter was invented before matches
Johann Wolfgang Dobereiner was credited with the invention of lighter in 1826 while the match was made 3 years later
Volkswagen group of companies own some of the top cars of the world. These are Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Ducati, Lamborghini and Porsche
NOTABLE POINTS IN Basic Technology
The diagram below shows the various types of line in technical drawing, their description and general application:
Preventive maintenance is carried out routinely on a device even though no apparent fault may be present on such device.
The goal of preventive maintenance as the name suggest is to prevent a sudden breakdown on a device or equipment.
As an instance, a person who services his or her car monthly even though the car is still able to function correctly is said to be carrying out preventive maintenance on the car.
In the course of a preventive maintenance, worn out parts may be discovered and replaced as soon as possible. Also, there may be a change of oil while other little adjustments may also be carried out.
We can even carry out preventive maintenance on our body to prevent certain diseases. For this reason, some persons have discovered cancerous cells in their body through regular medical checkup; and were able to kill such cells before they become malignant.
As a matter of fact; immunization is a form of preventive maintenance.
Hardwoods are derived from angiosperms. They show the following characteristics:
They usually have a higher density than softwood. Balsa is an exception.
They are usually more expensive than softwood.
They grow at a slower rate than softwood.
Hardwood trees shed their leaves in certain times of the year.
Hardwood are more fire resistant than softwood.
The leaves of hardwood trees are evergreen.
They are used for making quality furniture (in terms of strength). They are also suitable for decking in buildings.
Hardwood trees always have divided trunks which are sometimes referred to as a dendritic form.
In terms of price, hardwood are usually more expensive than softwood.
Examples of hardwood include iroko, ash, beech, alder, teak, birch, mahogany, maple, oak, balsa and walnut.
Ceramics are refractory. They also require a very high amount of heat and subsquent cooling to be formed.
Being refractory means that they are capable of withstanding a variety of abuses like high temperatures and chemical attacks.
Ceramics are generally made by taking clay from the ground and mixing it with water. It is then shaped into any form and fired inside an oven (called kiln) at a very high temperature. They may then be decorated with a waterproof, paint-like substances called glazes.
Ceramics may have constrasting physical and chemical properties (or characteristics); but in general,
They have high melting points.
They are heat resistant.
They can be very hard with great strength; although a few are brittle or soft; for example, graphite.
They are durable (last for a long time).
Most are electrical insulators (cannot conduct electricity) but; graphite is an electrical conductor.
They are chemically unreactive or inert.
They are not easily oxidized.
Most are non-magnetic.